Friday 16 December 2011

Recordatio

TODAY MADE ME RE-REALISE HOW MUCH I LOVE SCHOOL, MY TEACHERS AND FRIENDS. I WANT TO BE A STUDENT FOREVER WITH THE SAME GROUP OF PEOPLE AND NEVER GROW UP LIKE PETER PAN.

The past three days has been the most nerve racking of my life. The night before our HSC individual subjects' marks were released, my friends and I were freaking out so much that we decided to go on our first Macca's run to calm down. Honestly, I think it was one of the best nights of my life. Amy, Jellee, Jenna, Stephanie and I all camped out in Amy's car in front of a stranger's house next to Jenna's place. Five teenagers in a car at 1 in the morning is not shifty behaviour at all. We only had coffee kicks from Macca's. Not like it was drugs or anything. I'm surprised half the neighbourhood didn't wake up because we stayed there till 2am ranting about everything and laughing at things we shouldn't be laughing about. (What do you a Lebanese person between two buildings? Ali.)

A few of us threw an all nighter then at 5:30am, we all started obsessively trying to log in to check our results. I was thrilled at first, but the more I looked at it, the more I thought about how much I could've done better.

Headed out with my Rebecca-hasn't-sleep-in-24-hours face and had a dish full of ice cream and all was okay for a while.

 photo Recordatio1_zps95d0ed58.jpg

We dropped by Jordano's place after and had a heated argument on the trampoline on whether we want to know the cause of our death or the date of it. I don't know how we got onto this topic but Preston recited this limerick to us and I don't know why I remember it:

There was once a girl named Mabel
Whose menstrual cycle was stable
By the light of the moon
She got out a spoon
And drank herself under the table.

Um, yeah. I'm just good at reciting quotes, books and movies.

Today I went back to school for the year 12 BBQ, which is actually just a day where the school secretly lures us in with free food and the handing out of our yearbooks in exchange for our HSC results.

 photo Recordatio2_zpsc06fc8b5.jpg

But it turned out to be a really good day seeing most of the grade together again and some of the teachers. Most of the time was spent exchanging yearbooks. It really tells you what impact you've left on their lives or the kind of person you are to them. Whoops, and I've been dumping a drawing of an elephant on nearly everyone's yearbook instead of writing a proper message. My felt tip was abused to its tip in the process. Success!

 photo Recordatio3_zps0c1a597a.jpg

I'll miss everyone and this whole crazy year stressing out with everyone for a number.

No comments:

Post a Comment