Saturday 8 June 2013

Volatilis

END OF SECOND YEAR SEMESTER ONE WHAT UP. It still feels like I've only just started my second year. Time flies when you've done minimal work throughout the semester and realise how screwed you are for your final exams and have to reteach yourself 13 weeks of content for more than one subject.

There are so many situations where I laugh at how Vivienne and I have contrasting personalities. Tonight she was running in and out of her room like a tornado throwing things around and asking for opinions on what she should wear while I was just sitting there experimenting with her elegant electric keyboard (with one finger going tock-tock-tock like an elderly with a computer keyboard). Then 15 minutes later, she whisked me out of her room and threw four massive bags at me to carry for her, knocking over her modem in the process and letting out a "oh SHIT", then was somehow sitting at the back of her car in a minute. Can we get a hell yeah for making it on time to the station to meet up with everyone else?

We had dinner at Din Tai Fung for Vivienne's birthday, which I don't have anything good or bad to say about it besides that it is overrated. I think it is one of those places where you go three times, at maximum, in your life.

 photo Volatilis1_zps13323d6d.jpg

Vivid Sydney is on again this year, but half the group wanted to go home because of the crowds. At least Elaine and I got something out of it by pretending to be a contemptuous lesbian couple on a date dodging crowds and the slow paced queue of walkers behind a family with a massive pram. How romantic, right?

 photo Volatilis2_zps4660b30a.jpg

I really am not bothered to study. At this rate, I’m going to win an Oscar for the best impersonation of a potato chip.

No comments:

Post a Comment