Tuesday 2 July 2013

Ficus

After living in this city for my whole life, I've never been to the Royal Botanic Gardens nor knew of its whereabouts. Fiona and I came across it when we decided to randomly get off at Wynyard station to explore. I was kind of expecting flowers and colours exploding in my face. It was mainly all greenery and every plant looked the same.

 photo Ficus1_zps2b14ed50.jpg  photo Ficus2_zps743b4d7d.jpg  photo Ficus3_zps14aff835.jpg  photo Ficus4_zps4ddd655d.jpg

You'd think that I'd know how many campuses there are for my uni, but I don't. I had to go home and google "castle royal botanic gardens sydney" and found nothing because the supposed castle is a part of the University of Sydney for music students. I still prefer to think of it as my castle, but instead of horses, we have unicorns.

 photo Ficus5_zps9388784a.jpg  photo Ficus6_zps3e69c0a0.jpg  photo Ficus7_zpsa1e5db65.jpg

This guy was drawing this massive artwork of Spongebob and Patrick at Circular Quay. It's supposed to look 3D once it's finished. I can imagine business people rushing towards the station at peak hour, hoping to get a seat, and having to stop for a few seconds to turn back and curiously look over at this artwork, and maybe even give up a little more time to peer through the lens. I like little surprises like this.

 photo Ficus8_zps91773737.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment